Cultural stiff 01- First letter of the imprisoned
27.Aug.01 - The text was written by the men in Alessandria. The women in Voghera read it and agreed to publish it.
Cultural stiff 01
"freedom of movemnt" is the main concern of the european NOborder-network and the Publixtheatrecaravan - Volxtheaterkarawane which is embedded in the network in the summer of 2001.
We are on tour from Nickelsdorf over Salzburg, Lendava (Slo), Eisenkappel (A), Genova (I) to Frankfurt/Main (D), where we never arrived because of our arrests after the G8-summit in Genua. Tourdiary: www.no-racism.net/nobordertour
So far we felt like air castles builder, cyberartists, jugglers and scrutinizing nomads. As a theatregroup we feel obliged to the tradition of improvisation and we dont let put ourselves in costumes which try to knit makeup out of woolen hats.
About our arrestation:
- 3 hours in front of shtoguns and MG4's pointing on us - finger on the trigger
- records about us were made by the italian police - hittings, kickings and humiliations
- no sleep (under threats)
Later (after 30 hours) in prison:
- no telephone calls
- until now nearly no contact to lawyers
- bad interpreters (during the time while they proved the reasons for our arrestments)
- no access to media
- for six days nothing to write
- nektor, z nas nemali ziaden kontakt s konzulatum
- nothing to read or juggle
Although we have been split - without reason - from the arrested women, from the outside world and therefore from information we try to take a stand with following demands:
- Our protest and our political claim - no matter which time and which place - will carry our specific cultural expression which we will develope
- we demand to stop the classification of people in "wanted" and "unwanted" and the stop of the restriction of the freedom of the movement like f.e. the duty of residence for people seeking for asylum or the producing of lists about political unwelcomed people.
- we demand the stop of all proceedings concerning the G8-protests and the freedom for all prisoners who were arrested because of G8-protests and the solving of the happenings in Genua in particular the death of Carlos Giuliani and the storming of "Scuola Diaz"
- we want to leave the prisons together with our dog Pogo, with our theatre props, our kitchen, our vehicles, computer, cameras and our stinkin' socks.
We are not australians, americans, slovacians, germans, austrians - we are Publixtheatrecaravan
We work out a play in which we take a stand to everything that happened during our tour. For us theatre is an important political expression. This play should help to clear and digest all the happenings we are confrontated with now.
Working title: Genova - premiere: uncertain
PS: Greetings to the bordercamp at the airport in Frankfurt/Main and to all people outside there who declared their solidarity!
Abolition of internment and deportation - worldwide
noborder - nonation - noone is illegal!